Block Consult is a Swiss based consulting firm which provides value by creating holistic Web3 concepts tailored to the individual needs of any project.
Last Revised: 28/08/2022
Block Consult GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Block Consult” and further identified below), owner and operator of the “Block Consult GmbH websites” (www.blockconsult.org, http://www.blockconsult.ch, blockconsult.notion.site) (hereinafter the “Platform”), is determined to ensure to the users and potential users of the Platform, not only full compliance with all legal obligations but also the maximum privacy of your personal data and the security of the transactions performed through the Platform, in accordance with the best practices available in the market.
For due and legal purposes, you can find the full identification and contact details of the entity in charge of processing personal data below:
- Name: Block Consult GmbH
- Commercial Registry: CHE-324.960.381
- Postal address: Block Consult GmbH, c/o AbaFin Treuhand AG, Baarerstrasse 82, 6302 Zug, Switzerland
- Commercial Registry Office: Handelsregisteramt (Zug, Switzerland)
- Email address: email@example.com
The processing of personal data through the platform will be carried out under the following terms:
1. Data controller
Block Consult is the entity Responsible for the Processing of the personal data provided by Platform users, hereinafter referred to as “the Controller”.
2. Purposes and legal grounds of the personal data treatment
Depending on the Platform functionalities you use, your personal data may be processed for different purposes. These purposes and the applicable legal grounds are set out below:
- Sending commercial communications through a newsletter: In order to send you commercial communications through email related to our activity, you must provide us with your consent to do so. In this case, the legal basis applicable to the processing of your personal data will be your consent. This consent may be revoked at any time, without this, however, making unlawful the processing of personal data carried out on the basis of this consent until the date on which it is revoked. In this case, failure to provide your consent will prevent us from sending you commercial communications related to our activity.
In relation to the purposes mentioned herein, the legal basis applicable to the processing of your personal data is the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a party and the fulfilment of legal obligations to which we are bound since the processing of such personal data is essential for the execution of the contract in question. In case you do not provide us with such data, we will not be capable of providing you with full access to the Platform Services.
- In case you delete your account, we will retain and process your fiscal information for the purposes of complying with the legal obligation to archive such data for a period of 10 years
- For the purpose of responding to requests, inquiries, or complaints, we process your personal data on the legal basis of our legitimate interest in providing you with personalised, quality service, managing complaints, and, where applicable, carrying out the necessary pre-contractual procedures at your request.
3. Time for which we store your personal data
The time for which we store your personal data may vary depending on the purpose for which it is processed. We will keep your personal data for the following periods:
- Sending marketing communications: until you exercise your right to object or revoke your consent, whichever is applicable.
- For the provision of technical assistance and for the purpose of responding to requests, inquiries, or complaints:
o for as long as necessary to ensure full performance of the contract concluded with you;
o during the applicable legal time limits.
Such data will necessarily continue to be processed, even though in a very restrictive manner, after the expiry of the legal basis applicable in each case, based on our legitimate interest in maintaining the integrity of the platform.
4. Rights of the data subject
As a data subject you have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Access: You may obtain information on whether we are processing your personal data, as well as consult your personal data included in files of this company.
- Rectification: You may change your personal data when it is incorrect as well as complete those that are incomplete.
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your personal data when, among other reasons, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Objection: In certain situations, you may request that your personal data is no longer processed. We will stop the processing of your personal data unless there are legitimate reasons or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of rights in an administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure.
- Limitation of processing: You may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data in the following situations: (a) while contesting the accuracy of your personal data; (b) when the processing is unlawful and you have objected to it and requested the limitation of the use of your personal data; (c) when we no longer need to process your personal data, but you need it for the exercise or defence of rights in an administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure; (d) when you have objected to the processing of your personal data for compliance with an obligation of public interest or for the fulfilment of legitimate interest, as long as these legitimate grounds for the processing are found to outweigh your grounds.
- Portability: In certain situations, you will be entitled to receive, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, the personal data you have made available to us and those obtained from your relationship with us, as well as to transmit them to another entity.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To exercise your rights, if necessary, we may ask you to provide proof of identity. You should also indicate the right you wish to exercise. The exercise of your rights is free of charge, except in the case of a manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repeated request.
5. Final Notice
Please note that you may lodge a complaint with the corresponding competent supervisory authority through the website https://www.privatim.ch